Helsinki is a hotspot for integrating smart and clean solutions into the city structure and people’s everyday life. Smart’n’Clean website showcases the 38 development projects that make sustainability a reality in the Greater Helsinki Region.
The website includes many of Smart Kalasatama’s pilots and projects:
- Efficient monitoring of energy consumption
- PiggyBaggy social delivery service
- Suvilahti Battery Energy Storage System (Suvilahti BESS)
- Piping system for solid waste collection
- Suvilahti solar power plant
- Smart grid
- Piggy Baggy local community spaces
The projects are categorizes under following themes: Built environment, Energy efficiency, Energy systems, Material efficiency
- Sustainable consumers
- Traffic and transportation
- Waste and recycling
- Water and air
The website’s information is provided by Helsinki Business Hub.